The Story of New Zealand's Unique Birds
|Format||Paperback / softback|
|Book Size||210 x 150 x 14 mm|
|Imprint||New Holland Publishers|
|Subject Classification||The natural world, country life & pets / Wildlife: general interest / Wildlife: birds & birdwatching|
- Set out in an A-Z format by extinct birds and the living unique birds
- It explores the tragic reality of the number of birds that have become extinct over many hundreds of years since New Zealand has been inhabited.
- When and how early species arrived and how each species has evolved is covered in this book.
- New Zealand is one of the world’s most incredible biodiversity hotspots.
- Each species of birdlife is fully analysed in great detail (from arrival to present day).
- Stunning photographs.
- Bird books continue to have strong sales. Author Allan Froggatt is well known in the Forest and Bird world in New Zealand.
Alan Froggatt is chairman of the Kapiti Mana branch of Forest & Bird, a member of the Ornithological Society of NZ and is involved in a range of conservation initiatives on the Kapiti Coast.He addresses schools and public gatherings on conservation and birding issues and writes on birding for a conservation newsletter.