New Zealand on Foot
|Format||Paperback / softback|
|Book Size||210 x 148|
|Imprint||New Holland Publishers|
Seeing the country afresh on foot, 73-year old Denis Dwyer embarks on a series of day-walks, and narrates his experiences, and provides detail about each track/walkway. In humorous, good-natured style, he travels through countryside, towns, cities and islands, mostly solo, also with family and friends. He covers a vast array of landscapes: from kauri forests, to volcanoes, parks and streets, old battle sites, wetlands and gardens, native flora, springs and streams, boardwalks, a crater rim, the floor of an inferno, and mountains.
Denis has compiled newsletters and edited magazines for health boards for 11 years, and written more than 300 feature articles on various subjects including health, sport, history and the environment for magazines and newspapers around New Zealand. He is the author of The Rugby Quiz Book with Craig MacFarlane (1972) and Black Jersey, Silver Fern, the story of Tom Ellison, the first Maori to captain the All Blacks (2015).
- Published to coincide with Lions tour bringing overseas visitors to New Zealand who want to learn more about the country.
- Over 200 well-known and lesser-known easy day-walks through the country.
- Humorous laid-back style of author includes observations on place, history and people.
- Perfect gift for anyone looking to explore walks in different regions around the country.
- Stresses importance of conserving walkways and preserving environment for future generations