1001 Restaurants you must experience before you die
|Format||Paperback / softback|
|Book Size||210 x 160 mm|
|Imprint||New Holland Publishers|
|Subject Classification||Fiction: special features|
The world is full of wonderful places to eat and this mouth-watering, globetrotting guide features 1001 of the very best. Gourmets with an appetite for good food in gorgeous settings will find their taste buds tingling in anticipation as they flick through its pages.
The eateries listed here come from around the world and range from beloved, local institutions—favourite spots for family celebrations—to elegant, haute cuisine establishments in which to enjoy refined and elegant dishes. The featured restaurants are all iconic, selected not only for the standard of their cooking but for their atmosphere, ambience and setting. Locations of the venues vary widely, and include 13 New Zealand entries written by highly respected food and wine writer Lauraine Jacobs.
- Features restaurants from all over the planet, including New Zealand, with prices to suit every budget.
- Illustrated with full-colour images and absorbing, mouth-watering text.
- Compiled by experts in the world’s finest cuisines.
- Introduction, written by a prominent food writer, looks at how and why restaurants attain iconic status and what makes an establishment truly great.
- An essential reference book and guide for those who adore food and love eating out.